Wednesday, May 19, 2010

2-2

Around my house, we are big BYU soccer fans.

This is why:

That's my husband in the white. Isn't he cute?

Steven played for BYU for 4 years, but graduated last August. Thus, last week was the first time that we actually got to go watch a BYU soccer game together. And it was SO awesome.

BYU played the Mexico U21 National team. They are the second-best team in Mexico, made up of all professional players! So, we were basically expecting to get destroyed.

But, in the seventh minute, Brady Marshall scored the most beautiful goal. You can see it in this video; sorry the quality isn't very good:



It was so exciting! BYU kept up the energy all game and we ended up tying Mexico 2-2! It was such a rush. Here's a picture of me and Steven at the game:


It was so fun being there! (Even though it was freezing.) We came right home and watched highlights on byutv and youtube, too. I love that I can watch these clips whenever I want; helps me relive the adrenaline rush.

BYU has two home games this weekend if you're interested; they're usually on byutv, but so fun to watch in person!

Here's one last video of Toni Niccoli's goal. Go BYU!

2 comments:

  1. We went to the BYU v. Mexico U21 game also! It was so fun and perfect weather. My husband loves soccer (I learned to love it through him) and actually considered walking onto the BYU team a long time ago, but for now we just sit on the sidelines. Maybe we'll see you at the game this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun, my husband went to the BYU v. Mexico game as well. He LOVES soccer and I have actually learned to love it as well! So fun! Go Cougars!

    ReplyDelete